Friday, September 08, 2006

Should I find myself with your attention. Read on to “Make our home Utopia”

There seems to be an incumbant feeling in my geration that it is already too late to change our ways and save the planet for future generations. An assumption there is no point, the Earth is done for anyway... Not only would I assert that this is pessemisstic but also wrong.

Regardless of global warfare or natural disasters, with the current level of human civilisation, evolution and pollution, I’d estimate our world has about 200 years before it’s too late to ever reach a state of universal bliss.
Which apparently is what everybody, deep down, really wants.

I know I’m special because I am the first to experience everything that is happening to me at this particular moment. More importantly though I am one of many befitted with a language and access to tools that can learn and then spread word to every inch of our ailing planet.
So, since I have not heard it said recently by anyone on any grand scale:

With every breath we each live a life never felt by another, before or after.
Whilst our every step treads new ground, do not trample on past, present or future,
Tell each other we should know better and think on our own actions.
If you understand this, you are privileged; think about yourself less and others more.
Then go forth. We have 200 years to right too many wrongs and make our home utopia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home