Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My life status? Quagmire

a long distance friend sent me an email... before they signed off they said this:
>Lemme know ur status in life, haha.

I've got to say I struggled to respond but when I did it seemed relevant to here:

Overall I'm doing ok - I suppose. I swing between shades of Charles Bukowski and the Dalai Lama. The inherent madcap nature of which can leave me a little highly strung. In short my maverick twenty-something tear up the rails (rather than go off them) life is keeping my brain busy and getting me by - but not bringing any real success in life's measurables - love, wealth, happiness, longevity etc. May be I expect too much and don't work hard enough... most days I'm happy getting by, living life one breath at a time, yet letting none be wasted. I guess that is my status in life.
Here is the reality (it's worse):
It's thick full, intense pulls in a myriad of directions and engulfs anything misfortunate enough to wander too near by. That is just the hair on my head and face, let alone the quagmire of shit that my life has become since others dropped me from a great height and my own brain allowed my total consumption/surrender. Nothing is getting better and try as I might I care for all things less and less. Interestingly though, it is domesticity that suffers most when I'm depressed for long periods - so I'll go have a tidy up - just to focus the brain for a night of insomnia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home