Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Comedy in the face of overwhelming depression.

The only thing that is remotely humorous to me today is my bank balance. Which just made me laugh out loud as I tapped my way through the necessary precautions to check it via the financial institution's website. It's ludicrous. I am one of the nicest, most dedicated, hardworking and diligent and perhaps intelligent people I know but also one of the worst off professionally and financially. Where on earth did it all go so far and tits up in the air? The worst thing about this is that right now I have a few hours where I'd quite like to be working on the novel I'm trying to write, of course though that has a strong comedic theme and writing it in the face of the overwhelming depression and oppression that I'm feeling today seems like bloody hard work. So I thought to acknowledge this fact I'd tap something out first to see if there is anyway I can cultivate some humour in what is otherwise a very bleak landscape. I think that one is answered so I'll go back to the job hunting. Balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home