Thursday, February 23, 2006

To blog or not to blog…

So it turns out finding something to write about on a blog even every four days is harder than I thought. Sure I could peddle of some diary entries from recent times but am I not living and learning in at least equal measure right now? I think and experience new things everyday and have the ability to describe them – so it can’t be that. Perhaps I don’t have the effort, energy end dedication to set my brain and fingers to work on a subject? I know it’s not a lack of time, because when you sit and you get going, as I am now, it travels from brain to fingers to screen really quite quickly and easily. So then about this whole being dedicated, motivated having ambition thing – that is what has been on my mind today.

Despite a great deal of contemplation it’s with annoyance that I can’t think of a single human alive or dead who has achieved anything without sustained concentration and effort, at least at some stage in their endeavours. It also seems that generally the greater the concentration or effort applied the greater the success and accompanying accolades. Even though the it can can be both commended and criticised, single mindedness is an undeniably crucial factor in individual success and our advancement as a species.

The problem faced in a C21st modern society is the trade off between the variety and leisure of modern life with the dedication it takes to become a fine exponent of your art – what ever that may be. There are of course different types of trade offs; but perhaps a conclusion would be that if intention, process and objective are honourable (or at least pleasurable and don’t risk others lives) it’s probably worth the time and effort to be a success at something, especially if it benefits others. The following is an attempt to surmise the above in a repeatable and memorable fashion.

In hum-drum lives where opportunity abounds,
Only with endured focus are rewards to be found.
Yet, few dedications come without sacrifice,
So keep others in mind and a high price on life.

It seems this was motivation enough to write a few hundred words for my blog as an experiment to see if my own trade-off is worthwhile. If this turns out to be the last post on the blog then I have a definitive answer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

quite interesting article. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Monday, February 15, 2010 2:17:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home